Sunday, September 20, 2009

Life is what happens when you try to plan...

Saturday. Jeff and I had been talking all day Friday about what we wanted to get done. I have even posted a list of Fall things-to-do-before-it-snows. We were looking at doing some rearranging and organizing in the kitchen, which would be difficult because there is only so much I can help Jeff move, it's all too heavy in my present condition.
So I get up Saturday morning and decide to fold some laundry that was sitting in the basket for a few days. Jeff had been feeling kinda punky on Friday, so we were modifying plans and deciding to just clean instead of moving things around.
Then it hit me. Like a brick wall.
I was just standing there, folding stuff, and I starting to feel weak and clammy. Not an unfamiliar feeling, I've had mild hypoglycemic problems all my life. But this was bad enough that after a minute, I sat down quickly onto our bed, and called Jeff in to ask if I was pale. Yeah, I was. I felt like I was going to pass out if I so much as stood up again. After a few minutes, I mustered enough strength to fold the few remaining items in the basket, then I went and collapsed into my dish chair in the living room.
I drank a bunch of milk, and waited to feel better. It wasn't happening. What was worse, Jeff was sick and weak too, so we started to wonder if it was flu or something. Not good. Both of us down, with two active toddlers, is a recipe for disaster. But until I knew what was wrong, I didn't dare call for help when it might just make someone else sick.
Then, stage 2. Not vomiting. The other end.
Food poisoning.
No, we didn't get an official diagnosis, but that is sure what it felt like. We were weak, sick to our stomachs, did NOT feel like eating AT ALL, which for me is hard with the baby. I can't just skip meals when I feel like it. We were in the bathroom constantly, and we only have one, so that was fun.
There went our plans for the day.
Sigh. Well, I guess I can be grateful for one thing. It hit on the weekend, so Jeff won't likely miss any work. We are saving all of his PTO for the birth, his company has no paternity leave, so he would have to take time unpaid. We can't afford that.
Let's hope we'll all better by tomorrow. Oh, yeah, I have an OB appointment tomorrow as well, so I have to try to be better for that. I will have to find a babysitter though, I do not think I have the strength to drag two toddlers to an office that has a reputation for being snail-slow.
So much for the weekend. Oh well.

No comments: