Friday, September 11, 2009

Crazy Firsts (and Hopefully Lasts!)

Y'know, I can't remember ever, in my lifetime, having to mop a ceiling.
Well, I guess technically it was more like sweeping, because I used a broom, but it had a towel wrapped over it.
But still, it's not what I wanted to wake up to. There are so much easier ways to clean cobwebs.
And no, that was not the reason. Taea was having a very hard time breathing last night. So much that Jeff decided to plug in our warm-air humidifier. This morning, when I went to change Esther's diaper, she pointed to the ceiling and said something about stars.
They don't have stars on their ceiling.
I looked up, and sparkling like stars on the ceiling was a bunch of water droplets. The light fixture had a small puddle in the light cover. The window was soaked.
Ack!
So I finished changing her, grabbed the broom and a couple of towels, and mopped the ceiling. Esther was highly entertained. It didn't even get all the moisture, it just got the worst of it. I opened the window to vent out the room, and chalked it up to a learning experience. Next time, we crack the window.
This was after I spent all night dreaming I was in some weird castle that was supposed to be Hogwarts, but definitely WASN'T, being chased by Voldemort. Only in this case, Voldemort more closely resembled Emperor Palpatine. I haven't even WATCHED those movies in months! This pregnancy is screwing with my head.
All in all, not the way I wanted to start my day. I think I'll take it as a sign of stress and just relax today. We're still dealing with summer heat, and it's wearing me down. Supposedly we're supposed to have rain this weekend, but that's what they said last weekend, and it didn't happen. I'm not holding my breath, though I could certainly use the cleaner air!
Anyway, that's how my day has gone so far. Hope yours is going better.

No comments: