Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I Am NOT a Morning Person

Not in the slightest. I love the beauty of a sunrise, but I'm just as apt to hit the sack again afterward as to actually start the day. I've always been a night owl, despite multiple attempts to change my schedule around. I just do better in the afternoon and at night.
My kids, on the other hand, are usually awake by seven-thirty. I know, there are moms right now looking at the screen and laughing at me because they're up by dawn, but when you're up till midnight or thereabouts the night before, it can really drag on you! Especially since we're STILL bottle-breaking, and these two wake up once or twice a night, SCREAMING, and won't go back to sleep without us getting up to comfort them. It's so...frustrating.
Well, so far, I've just about gotten them bottle-broken during the day. Cups only, though Esther refuses to drink milk from a cup. I try to make sure she gets her vitamins so she doesn't lose out on calcium.
Anyway, this kind of crazy schedule means that more often than not, one of us ends up waking up on the wrong side of the bed. With my hormones going whacko, it's usually me! It is so hard not to be grumpy, but what does one do about it? I'm NOT going to take depression meds, not with the horror stories I've heard. And besides, I tried them before and ended up borderline suicidal. No thank you.
I guess I just have to tough it. As tired and cranky as I am, I have to remember not to take it out on the kids. It's not their fault that I got so wasted from morning sickness. I still have to be there to be Mommy. Esther tries so hard to be my shadow, my little sidekick. Today she even "helped" me sort stuff off the desk. I hand it to her, she sticks it in the bin I name. And she loves it. I guess I should nurture her helpfulness before she becomes a teenager!
But it still wears on me. Her speech is clearing up more and more, and she is a chatterbox, but when I'm grumpy all I want to do is sit and be left alone. Talk about a personality clash!
I don't have any sage advice for this one. I haven't a clue what to do except to tough it out until the pregnancy is over, then find a solution. Right in time for SADD! Oh yay! Oh, I so hope I don't get serious postpartum. Eesh. Any ideas on this one?

No comments: