Friday, January 30, 2009

Ho-hum, winter is dumb

Okay, well, I guess "dumb" isn't quite the right word. Winter is a necessary part of the ecology of our planet.
It still sucks.
Oh, yeah, and those of you who know me are like "who are you and what have you done with Heather?" I used to love winter. Bugs die by the truckload!!!
But it's not the same now. Inversions, ice storms, traffic jams, etc. Can't take babies outside in the snow, not for any length of time. Can't go to the park, have to bundle up just to go ANYWHERE.
It's not the season, it's the hassles. I am so looking forward to spring, when I can take the girls outside to play, I can get down and dig in the dirt and plant things, and it warms up to where my feet aren't so freezing all the time! Winter's like having a pair of ice cubes for feet!
Well, I guess I can wait. For another month. Or two. Mrrrrrr...
In the meantime, what does one do in a tiny little house? Crafts, I guess, if I could get my sewing machine unburied for any length of time. Cleaning, of course. That never stops. Sorting our junk. Working on projects around the house, stuff that has been left undone.
It's just hard to get motivated. If anyone has any great ideas, I'd love to know!

No comments: