Sunday, January 25, 2009

Cooking Escapades

Well, this outta be interesting. I found a recipe online for "Easy Slow Cooker Beef Stew". Well...I shoulda read the ingredient list before I tried it. You'd need the biggest slow cooker on the market for it! It's even testing the limits of my big stew pot, and that's after omitting three cans of vegetables!
So since I don't have a pot that big, I am, of course, using the stock pot. And...not being an experienced cook, I didn't realize that I needed to brown the meat before putting the stew together.
This should be an interesting experience. I hope it comes out all right, because this is a LOT of stew. I'd hate to throw it out.
I've been experimenting more with cooking lately. I'm not very good at it, but I'm getting better. At least, more adventurous. Thank goodness I have a hubby that eats practically anything!
Anyone got an easy recipe to share? Please let me know! I'm always looking for stuff to be creative with, just as long as it's not terribly expensive!
Got any cooking tips to share? I'll take those too! I've got pretty much everything I need, tool-and-pot wise.
I'll let you know in my next post how this stew goes! Next up: wontons!

No comments: