Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Ah, the thrills of parenthood!

What's up with my world? Well, I'll tell you!
We have a few answers with Esther, finally. She has mucular otitis in one ear. Translation: gunk behind the ear drum. We're treating it with antibiotics, give it a few weeks and get rid of this #$@$ inversion, and hopefully she'll clear up. We don't know if it is causing deafness, but the ear drum isn't moving, so i assume it has some responsibility for her garbled speech.
She was evaluated today for an early intervention program. She may receive tutoring and special classes if they determine she is behind in any areas. Personally, i thought the testing went well except in the speech area, which is what I was expecting. We'll see what happens, they meet tomorrow and I'll hear after that what the results are.
Taea is doing okay, except this inversion has given her a sore throat and bad attitude as well. It has increased my coughing again, sore throat, etc, which isn't good because the steroid they gave me to open my lungs also reduces my immunity. Gonna have to stuff myself full of herbs!
Jeff is doing okay except for his dang jaw, as usual. I found another type of mouth guard for nighttime grinding, this one is much slimmer and hopefully won't gag him through the night.
Other than that, it's pretty much life as usual. Working on some new products for Quilted Bear, trying to keep the girls alive and healthy, and waiting for the other shoe to drop with the Democrats bailout plan. That is an AWFUL lot of money, personally, I think they should just give it to the consumer so we can pay off all our debts, which will bail out the banks, and everything will be fine!
Until we get back into debt, that is.
Human. Such simple, sad fools. Some day, maybe we'll learn.
Till then, or until my next post, whichever comes first...just stay alive!!!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Sorry to hear you guys aren't feeling well but glad to hear that Esther is getting the evaluation and help she needs. Hope they get that ear thing cleared up. Is it both sides? Will they do a hearing evaluation once the infection is gone? I hope the winter and your illnesses pass quickly. Spend quiet time reading with your babies and take advantage of any nice days. We had a nice one here yesterday. It has been soooo cold but it got up to 40 yesterday and I sent Miranda out to ride on her scooter. She got it for Christmas but crashed it down at Mom Mom and Pop pops. Both it and she were a little banged up but I found the wrench and straigntened it up so she was out playing. You have to take those days when they come in the dark cold months. Give those babies a big hug from Auntie Jill and one for the both of you as well.