Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Time (okay, PAST time) for an update!

Wow, it's been nearly a year! And a lot has happened. As my only excuse, I've been pregnant (again) and sick as a dog, so blogging has been the LAST thing on my mind.
And, as usual, the girls are running rampant in the living room, so I'd better make this quick.
Jeff-still working at the same place, except it's not exactly the same place anymore. They bought another company, more than doubling their staff and their geographical coverage, so things are...well...downright INSANE. He is working his tail off, often has projects to finish when he gets home, so we're having to kind of ride the tsunami for the time being. Because of my pregnancy issues, he is back on dish duty...and the dishwasher died. Not a good time for this to happen!
Heather-pregnant and grumpy most of the time, sad to say. Jeff's Honda died at the beginning of the year, then Jeff totalled the van, then his sister lent us one, then we bought another cheap used van, then found out it had tranny problems and had to be rebuilt, then...mrrr. Yeah, this has been a difficult year. Still teaching jewelry classes, kind of gave up on Roberts for now because no one was interested. Going to approach that again after I have the baby and get some strength back.
Esther-getting so friggen' BIG! Kindergarten now, doing excellent, has good friends in class and a good teacher, and her speech is progressing wonderfully! Still has her long ringlets but her hair is getting darker. I don't think she'll maintain the light Calkin hair, I think she's going to be brunette like most of my family. Either way, she is drop-dead gorgeous...and knows it.
Taemarin-feisty, spunky, stubborn, willful...you know, all the things a self-respecting four year old should be! She is growing bigger too, though not as long and lanky as her sister. I think she's going to be our stocky athletic one. She is in preschool and doing well, I will have to miss her parent-teacher this week because of reports of pertussis in the school. I'm pregnant and paranoid!
Rebecca-our little Bekkers, nearly two and just as stubborn and independent minded as the rest! She wants SOOOO much to be like them, and be able to play with them, and it tends to get her in trouble when she gets involved and messes things up. We've moved her into a big girl bed, and so far, so good, she is still taking naps and does reasonably well at bedtime. Hope it lasts!
Number 4-Baby Debby, as she will be known, is kicking the crud out of me! She's due mid-Jan, and from all indications, she will be just as feisty as the others. Can't wait to see if we'll finally have a little carrot top!
Don't know how long it will be before I have time to post again, so I'll say it now. Happy Holidays to all y'all out there, and stay safe in this crazy, messed up world!

No comments: